Hey meerkat, are you busy or–
Oh. Oh I’ll come back later. In the meantime, I’ll go ahead and rate you.
There are many fine tunnel-diggers in the world, but the meerkat is one of the best. Its tunnels are consistently some of the nicest and most extensive in their respective neighborhoods.
The meerkat has no fat, which makes it almost thin enough for fashion modeling.
The meerkat has no fat, yet insists on wearing shorts in the winter out of some weird stubborn pride.
The meerkat’s greatest weakness is for reality shows. It actively follows a variety of them, listed here:
- Flavor of Love
- Duck Dynasty
- Amish Yakuza
- Mennonite Posse
- Pitbulls & Parolees
- Real Housewives of Boca Raton
- Real Tunnelwives of Molemanopolis, the Undercity
- Pog Kings
- Belding Management (about Dennis Haskins, Mr. Belding from Saved by the Bell, becoming a landlord)
- Diner Lovin’
- The Decisioning (contest judges’ chairs just spin and spin and spin)
- Epileptic Caterers
- The Real Teen Wolf
- Felony Scavenger Hunt Miami
- Bunk It or Junk It! (in which contestants are forced to either become roommates or watch a prized possession crushed by industrial machinery)
- Loch Ness Spring Break
- YOLO Academy
- Duke of Versailles (David Siegel’s cousin Duke moves in with the family in the largest home in America, and has some crazy ideas on how to run it)
- Grapes Ahoy (in which a woman tells a friend that their mutual friend is “overreacting” to something)
- Mtn Dew Presents Constitutional Dewpublic
- Stars in Danger: The High Dive
- Val in the Family (Val Kilmer’s ex-wife lives her life)
- Flip This Playground
- America’s Next Great “Psych” Fan
- LA Surgery Challenge: The Hamptons
- Poor People Are Hilarious
- Krill of the Hunt (centered on the humpback whale becoming a bounty hunter)
- Spencer’s Den
- Extreme Makeover: Chair Edition
- How Loud Can This Musical Sting Be
- We Three Ices (starring Ice T, Ice Cube & Vanilla Ice)
- Salmon Bride
- Living With Chuck (OJ Simpson’s former cellmate moves to the big city and tries to have it all while balancing his career and personal life)
- Mr. Met: Making The Cut
- Cupcake Assassin
- Dance, Monkey (primates are trained to participate in dance competitions)
- Celebrity Top Chef All-Stars
- I Love Celebrity Top Chef All-Stars
- Date Rape!
- Ferrets of the Father (a priest trains ferrets to provide emotional support to the obese)
- My Whipped Cream Masterpiece
- Situational Awareness (The Situation’s shenanigans distract local business owners while undercover actors burn down their businesses as a prank)
- Jenner Unleashed (Bruce Jenner reads snarky comments off cue cards about clips of the testimonies of victims of violent crime)
- Frittata Palace
- I Didn’t Know I Was 98% Tumor
- Let’s Talk I Love Celebrity Top Chef All-Stars (I Love Celebrity Top Chef All-Stars recap show)
- Flavor of Love Canada
A lot of people think that the meerkat stars in its own reality show, Meerkat Manor. However, this is a misconception. In fact, “Manor” is a soap opera in the style of Downton Abbey, which just happens to be filmed in mockumentary style. The producers claim that this is merely a device, and not meant to be taken as a literal part of the Meerkat Manor universe. Debate on the Meerkat Manor forums continue to rage.
Number of legs
Wikipedia’s Talk Page, on Meerkat Manor
“The people that filmed the show, were probably very good people.”
A group of meerkats is known as a mob, gang, or klan. None of these terms are positive.
What if it fought a bear?
Don’t be silly. All the cooking challenges in the world can’t prepare you for a bear fight.
Is it noble?
The meerkat’s name comes from the Dutch for “more cat.” As in, “I’d like some more of that cat!” The Dutch have historically greatly enjoyed the cut of the meerkat’s jib. And I find it hard to disagree with them. It’s a pretty great animal all around, as long as you don’t have to share a television with it.